Tuesday, August 13, 2013

When we face dumb problems...

...is when we discover how we need to work better on things. Remember when I posted about coin entities and hammer emancipation fixing? Well, I've been working for some time on a mode that, when you press F1 in-game, the game will show you some data and draw some collisions (for blocks and entities). So, messing around with it, I found this:


See? Instead of deleting hammers, I was just "hiding" them. And if you look at coins, you'll see that they're completely out of place. Also, when we collect the coins, they're not deleted, but just "hidden", as I did with hammers. And, something curious I found today was that coins are colliding with gels (???). Probably because, instead of setting self.mask = {false} to coins, I've set self.mask = {true}, making them collide with any non-collide-able entities (like gels). So, as we all see, I still have a lot of things to do. And I see you in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment